A brand new “SELF DEFENSE CLASS” is starting on Sunday, July 28th, 2013 at 3:30pm.
Classes are open to the public. No previous judo or martial arts experience is necessary. Officer Chris Jackson, physical skills instructor, of the Chicago Police Department will be teaching the classes.
Open to ages 12 and up, male and female. Except the the How To Deal With Bullies class which is open to children 6 years old and up.
- JUL 28 – BALANCE, DISTANCE & CONTROL
- AUGUST 18 – STRIKING
- AUGUST 25* – HOW TO DEAL WITH BULLIES (*Open to children 6 years old and up)
- SEPTEMBER 15 – WEAPON DEFENSE
- SEPTEMBER 29 – WOMAN SELF AWARENESS & PROTECTING YOURSELF
- OCTOBER 6 – PROPER DEFENSE and DISCHARGE of PEPPER SPRAY
- OCTOBER 27 – UNDERSTANDING and IDENTIFYING DANGEROUS SITUATIONS
Course fee is 100 dollars for members of the CAC, Tohkon and the JASC. For the general public the fee is 120 dollars. Classes can also be taken on an individual basis. $20 (CAC/Tohkon/JASC) $25 public.
Please arrive by 2:45pm to register.